Stars Marching Performances
Combine a day of thrilling rides with the excitement of performing in a unique setting as you march through Universal Studios Florida™ theme park. Your marching band will represent your school with pride as you take to the streets lined with cheering theme park guests.
Additional marching opportunities include:
Macys Holiday Parade™
Select Nights in December
Bring your group to Universal Studios™ as they share the joy of the 15th Anniversary Macy’s Holiday Parade. This is a unique opportunity for your group to perform alongside authentic balloons and floats direct from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade® in New York City. Your group will entertain park guests alongside Universal theme park characters, stilt walkers, jugglers, a host of other performers, and Santa Claus himself.
- Full uniform required for performances.
- Reference the STARS Performance Program Selection Criteria for additional information.
Universal’s Superstar Pre-Parade
You bring the performers and we’ll bring the crowd! Snap to attention and get ready to march through the streets of Universal Studios Florida™ right before Universal’s Superstar Parade kicks off. You’ll use the parade's exact route, so there will already be a crowd lined up and waiting to cheer on your performers. It's a unique opportunity for your students to become Universal Studios performers for a day!
Selection Criteria–All Groups MUST:
Participating groups should have a minimum of 40 attendees. Each group should submit a completed application at least six weeks prior to the proposed performance date. Along with the completed applications, groups should provide the following:
- URL or link to a video of your group’s most recent performance featuring the uniform that will be worn during the group's performance (approx. 3 minutes in length for each performing group).
- A written script of any spoken material to be used during the performance.
- A complete list of titles of the music that will be performed or played during the performance.
Musical selections will need to be approved by Universal Orlando Resort™ prior to the group’s performance. Theme park tickets are required.
Technical Assistance/Stage Sizes
- The Universal CityWalk™ Plaza Stage is 20'x 24' and elevated approx 4' above the ground.
- Universal Orlando provides Timpani (set of 4), Concert Bass Drum, Marimba, Xylophone, Vibraphone, Chimes, Orchestra Bells and Congas by Pearl/Adams.
- Universal Orlando provides musical staging equipment and portable stages by Wenger Corporation.
- Marching bands will perform up to a one-mile march through Universal Studios Florida™. Bands must continue playing throughout the entire marching route.
ALL SCHEDULED PERFORMANCES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Wardrobe and Attire
All performers must be in uniform or in costume. Matching school polo shirts and uniformed shorts are permitted as summer performance attire. T-Shirts and jean shorts are not appropriate attire for performances but can be worn for workshops. Please do not wear attire associated with other theme parks.
Changes and Cancellations
All scheduled performances are subject to change. Universal Studios is a working movie studio and Universal Orlando Resort™ is a host for many special events.